Coat Store Riot

>> Friday, October 16, 2009

I am copying this right off the news site I found it. I love this story. Material greed is not my thing ... and somehow I find this story to be vastly amusing. God forgive me for taking pleasure in others' material pain. Now give me my $500 smackers dangit!!

'Lottery winner' causes riot at Ohio coat store

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Police say an Ohio woman being driven around in a limousine announced at a coat store she'd won the lottery and would pay for everyone's purchases but ended up causing a riot when customers realized it was a hoax. Columbus police Lt. Michael Deakins says the woman announced Tuesday she'd spend $500 on everyone at a Burlington Coat Factory, prompting customers to gather at registers and call relatives.
When police arrived, 500 people filled the store and another 1,000 were outside.
Cashiers rang up sales before discovering the woman had no money. Angry customers grabbed clothes without paying.
The limo driver turned the woman in.
Police say she was arrested on three outstanding warrants but wasn't charged for the coat store chaos pending a mental health evaluation.
A spokeswoman for the Burlington, N.J.-based coat store had no comment.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP