Election Enlightenment

>> Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am still not over this election nonsense (at least in my opinion nonsense). I have been fascinated how many people voted for the Democratic ticket, that when asked, can not form a logical opinion based on actual issues as to why they voted that direction. In fact, I have been so confused at the lack of logical decision making (I know some of you voted that direction logically, and those who did, good for you) that I was beginning to think that the democratic process was broken ... but then I found it. I realize now why so many people I respect voted democrat. I no longer have to question why they did it as I am now quite certain that these people were voting logically. They were not just singing their heart song. They were voting life or death ... I just didn't get it until now:


8 Groupies:

just another mother November 20, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

While I refuse to engage in a political chat with anyone, and I generally pull a Tiger Woods when asked about my voting preferences {{Tiger Woods replies "I'm voting for one of the candidates" to avoid issues}}... I can say that I don't vote a straight ticket at all - in any case. I vote individually, for the candidate that I feel best suits the job based on their experience, morals, and their plan on how to make things better in the government.

However, I find it quite unsettling that so many voters did vote for specific reasons that weren't at all grounded in politics. The way I see it is I could care less if my president is black, white, purple or green - it's more important to me that they stand for what's right, by the bible, and for this country. I'm torn with the final outcome... I'm finding myself very much in the "move forward" mode because there's really nothing we can do about it if we're not happy with the final decision. I'm still not disclosing my choices in this - I just wanted to put my 2 cents in...I'm eager to see where we go from here as a nation.

This is what America wanted.....and this is just one little bit on how educated "we" as a "nation" were in this election: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

The RockStar November 20, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

Yes, but did you know about the kittens?

I am likewise in a move forward mode. It will be interesting to watch everyone be shocked at who they actually elected, because apparently it is a mystery even to many who actually voted for him.

Michael F November 20, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Is that a kitten per candidate or just per election? I am afraid I am responsible for some of those deaths but would like for you to clarify just how many I have killed.

Why is this not more widely known? Why does CNN not do an investigative segment on this tragedy?

If I had only known!

just another mother November 20, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

great. kittens. yeah - I saw that but I was leaving it alone....

what's the world coming to ???

Vanessa November 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

I'm no political mommy here, but now I want to sit back and see where our country ends up!! Praying that God leads the new president and the country in the right direction!

The RockStar November 20, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Michael F ... everytime you pull the Republican handle you kill a litter.

Devastating ... I know ... but why would CNN start making it a priority now to report on the death of the innocent?

The Wife November 20, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

Didn't you know that's why Zombie is a die hard republican. The cats make him wheeze like a kazoo!

Bones November 20, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

I SO cannot believe I am married to Michael F. Michael, how could you do it? You said you loved kitties all these years and you LIED? I know how you vote...you are a kitty killer!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP