Socks

>> Wednesday, November 19, 2008

File this post under big family struggles.

I have three beautiful children who play soccer like they are on a mission. Technically I have 9 beautiful children, but I am only talking about the soccer ones (just in case they are paying attention I do not want non soccer players to consider themselves unbeautiful). Anywhoo, these three amigos have practice on Monday and Wednesday and games on Saturday. I breathe soccer 42.86% of the week.

The rest of my week consists of rockin out (from 9 to 5) and being their personal shuttle service (complete with passenger van) the rest of the time. So where am I going with this post about work and my sweet innocent cherubs?

I will tell you where. Those turds have been stealing my black business socks when they can not find their soccer socks, or said soccer socks are stanky and in need of a washin'. I went looking for socks today that did not fall around my ankles (due to the stretch they have endured from shin guards) and had to settle for navy blue socks. While they do not match my black pants, they will have to do because those three knuckleheads have made it impossible for anyone other than a rhinoceros to wear my socks.

Aren't they the sweetest things?


9 Groupies:

The Wife November 19, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

Yay, your back.
At least they are creative.

Little Patch of Heaven November 19, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

I love this post Brian. It made me laugh.

Take Care
Danette

The RockStar November 19, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

Sorry Laura ... as a rock star it is not uncommon for me to go on a bender .. or out on tour ... or both ...

I seriously checked out all last week. Bad Rockstar ... Bad Blogger

I am sorry!

Bones November 19, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

Sock---that is a bad word at my house.

Vanessa November 19, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

LOL!! L ooks like you better find yourself some sock suspenders somewhere!!

Michael F November 20, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

My little tax deductions have always stolen my Tshirts to sleep in! I can never find Tshirts to wear. They still wear them to this day to paint in for instance because they don't want to mess up THEIR shirts...

As for the socks you can always Rock it Miami Vice style and go without socks! Come on Rockstar bring back the sexy of Don Johnson and go sockless. :)

Scooter November 20, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

HA! I'm totally guilty of condoning this sock thievery:

"Uncle Scooter, can you help me put on my socks?"

"Sure kiddo. Wait a minute, these look like dress socks?! Oh well, at least they're black and they fit over your shin guards..."

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP