Sensitivity

>> Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I figured something out today. I drank a peach snapple (the best kind ever although raspberry is also mighty good) and fact #171 under the cap read something like "The most sensitive parts of the body are the mouth and fingerprints".

It dawned on me that is why customer service work is the worst job ever.... not only are you talking on the phone (mouth) half the day with usually irritated people, but the other half of the day you spend furiously typing (fingers) emails in response to those same furious people.

Thank you Snapple because without fact #171 I would not recognize office work to be as dangerous as it apparently is. I think we could all use a little sensitivity training. So tomorrow when that angry son of a gun is calling you ... say nothing and walk away from the keyboard.

Go ahead ... The Rockstar says it's OK!

4 Groupies:

Vanessa October 21, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

LOL!! I feel bad now because I chewed off the customer service ladies head today!! She was a not so friendly person and man did she get it right back! I need to remember to be sensitive!!

Zombie October 22, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

What if my pastor is the anger guy? Can I still do that? I think I will.

The RockStar October 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Give it a shot. The silent treatment is always the mature way to handle a walking stress bomb.

Just drop some snapple knowledge on him.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP