My Family, The Mullet

>> Saturday, October 18, 2008

Someone in one of my last posts brought up that they would like to see me and my sons in a "mullet." For those of you following along at home who are cluelessly non-aware of what a mullet is, for lack of better terminoligy it is a shorty long ... a shlong if you will. Does that still not register? Maybe you have heard of "The Tennessee Waterfall" or "The Mud Flap" or for all you fans of Hannah Montanna out there .... the "Achy-Breaky-Big Mistakey". Speaking of Achy Breaky, maybe it would just help if I showed you my yearbook picture from 1992:



Now you are getting it ... I can tell (Rockstars are famous for their intuition). The interesting thing about my 1992 mullet is that it has really made me stop and think about the important things in my life. Like ice cream, ho-hos, groupies, a smokin' hot wife and the kiddies ..... and I started realizing something about my family. See, my older children are all girls. From almost 10 to 12, they help us with just about everything around the rockstar household. They roll their eyes at my jokes, do a little laundry, cook a little food, and from time to time lord over the younger children in my house. Three of my youngest happen to be boys. They are loud, obnoxious, mentally unfit to make their own decisions, and that is when it hit me. My family is a mullet!! All business in the front and party in the back baby!!!

7 Groupies:

just another mother October 18, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

Wasn't sure what I thought about the 1992 look... I had to Mull-It-Over.... HA - I crack myself up.

I'm thinking I'll try it out, hoping to find a little SheMullet in me.

Thanks for the comment on the blog title.... my life IS Mostly BassAckwards - so there ya go!!

Laura Lu October 19, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

the 6 years between the mullet and the bowl cut were filled with a few too many twinkies.

glad you got your mullet fam.

K-Dogg October 19, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

my daughters were both born with sweet skullets... no hair in front and everything in the back. kinda like hulk hogan back in the day. scary i know but my oldest did eventually grow out of this. i pray that my baby will do the same.

Vanessa October 20, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

LOL!! What a great way to sum up the family!

Anonymous October 20, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

I love my Mullet. It makes me happy.

A Girl, her God, and a Gift! October 21, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

Perfect comparison... your family to a mullet!! I can always count on the Rockstar for a good, out-loud laugh.

The RockStar October 21, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

Thanks Stacia ... Laura I completely agree something went horribly wrong between 92 and 98

Sara ... I think you mean FemMullet. I belive that is the technical term ...

Good Times

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP