Inspiration

>> Friday, October 3, 2008

All,

It has been asked many times over the course of my career what my inspiration was. How do I create that unique sound that me and the mates are known for. You have to go back to the 80's to truly understand where we as a band actually formed our roots.

We cut our teeth as a band listening to this music, and I thought I would put it out there for all my groupies. Because it is important to understand where we come from. It will give you a better idea of conceptually where we are trying to go.

So, buckle up, kill my music at the bottom of the blogity blog, and get ready for some loud monster rock about to rain down on you!!!!!!

7 Groupies:

Anonymous October 3, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Ahhh, hardcore rock and roll infused with ska...this was ground breaking music that inspired me to go out and buy huge glasses and become a backup singer.

The Wife October 3, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

So funny, I could listen to that all day! "The music may so different, but the message is still the same." Words to live by. lol

Anonymous October 4, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

I love it.

This is my new theme song.

You know my life's theme song.

Leneita Fix October 5, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

I never knew that Jesus was a Mountie! This is truly inspirational. Why have I been missing out on "Sonseed" for all of these years? I am with your wife this is my new theme song.

Bones October 14, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Ok. You've permanently damaged me. Cuz I was totally walking around singing, "Jesus is a friend of mine. He taught me how to...."

Cracks me up!

Mary DeMuth October 16, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS!?!?!

Awesomely horrific!

Weird to think that these are real people. Some kind of happy drug had to be used on them... maybe pumped into the green room?

Lord, have mercy!

-g-

The RockStar October 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

It was the early 80's ... so maybe they were just wearing their leggings to tight or had just watched Rainbow Brite followed up with either the Smurfs or My Little Pony.

It is hard to tell what led them down this path, but as Laura noted: "The music may be different, but the message is still the same."

Unfortunately it is the message that actually terrifies me. Musically though, pure genius

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP