New Wok on the Block (NWOTB)

>> Thursday, June 12, 2008

Here I am ... ready to deliver content to the masses. Giving you something to "chew" on whenever inspiration strikes.

So the little lady and I were eating some chinese food the other night. In our old hood, we had some smokin' chinese joints. Since moving away from the old stomping grounds two, going on three, years ago we have struggled to find a place that lived up to our chinese food snobery. (We also have sub issues, but that is for a later time)

Tonight ... we found the place. It is close, it is good, and we were thoroughly enjoying our meal .... at least up until the point where I cracked open my fortune cookie ....

10 Groupies:

Laura Lu June 12, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

NICE! I'm a chinese-food snob too. ever since we moved, ain't nothing i can eat that tastes good.

The RockStar June 12, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Figures when we finally did find something that tasted fantastic, it turned out to be kangaroo meat ... why does this keep happening to me?

Keep your kangaroos out of my kitchen

Salzwedel Family June 12, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

Yummy! I love a nice cut of kangaroo...

Becky R June 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

you will not get a good sub until you come to visit, then I'm buying, a 10 footer should feed us all. -lol -Becky

Laura Lu June 13, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

bet joey is better than GOAT!

The RockStar June 13, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Actually, having ate a couple of goat burgers in my day, and now chewin' on a bouncer, I have to disagree. Girl you know how I feel about goat burgers washed down with Coke.

Off the Hizzle

And Becky ... I DREAM of coming home and eating a real sub. In fact if you ever want to walk in my shoes, there is a place called Nick's around the corner from our old place that makes THE BEST SUBS EVER. In our last half year there, we went nowhere else

Danisha June 18, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Funny you should talk about Nick's subs, as I am eating one right now. To bad you guys moved!!! Hey, you want me to sent you one????

Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

KILLING. ME. DANISHA.

Ginny June 26, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

We can't find decent restaurant food period where we live. Jonny and I both worked in a chinese restaruant in Athens, GA that had the best everything. Nothing ever compares to it. That is what happens when you set your standards by hip college town joints that serve up super yummy vegetarian stuff (then you don't have to worry about eating mystery meat).

Zombie June 27, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

There is this place, New Peking in Michigan, if you are ever here for anything, you will want to move here it is so good.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP