I Am Scared For My Life

>> Sunday, March 1, 2009


What do you do when you are scared? I am crying like a baby right now. My heart is racing, my palms are sweaty, my mouth is dry. What is causing this madness?? Snow. Seriously. Snow.

Now I may seem like a fearless rockstar, but boy does the white stuff scare the jeepers* out of me. Apparently here in the south I am not alone. Other people also fear for their lives. The snow is almost up to the top of my front door ... you know if my door was accidentally installed upside down.

Thankfully my local news is here to rescue me! They are giving out free advice tonight on what to do. Thank God for them, because without them I might end up frostbit or getting my seat stuck to the ... uh .... seat of our community outhouse!

In fact their advice was so smart, I figured I would share it with you while it is still fresh in my mind -

Stay off the road unless you absolutely have to be out! (Four inches of snow are way too much for most cars to handle)

Make sure you have a full tank of gas (Why? They tell us not to go anywhere)

Wear Layers Outdoors (32 degrees is enough to kill you almost instantly if you are used to 70 degree weather on a fairly consistent basis)

Wear hats and gloves (not obvious to most of us ... great advice)

Cover bare skin (see two above comments)

Watch out for polar bears in trees (OK I made that one up)

and lastly wear lighter clothes indoors (I screwed this one up ... I thought protocol was to get buck nekid in the middle of a snow storm if you are indoors! Thank you local news for setting me straight!)

Local news ... I appreciate your cool, calm collective approach to such a scary issue! This is SO much more dangerous than the threatening hurricanes or that tornado we got to experience up close and personal that one time that will remain nameless.

*Disclaimer - I actually have lived in places that got double digit feet in snowfall annually, two of my children are from Siberia, and I have ice in my veins.

7 Groupies:

just another mother March 2, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

wait...didn't you see the DOT press conference that took up 1 hour of the news mid-day yesterday???

scary stuff.

ha. good post!!

Michael F March 2, 2009 at 5:39 AM  

Man I am so glad your TV still worked in all that snow! If not you would have had to fend for yourself without the wisdom of the local news! I hope you ran out and got your bread and milk.

I am a native southerner and even I never understood exactly what we were supposed to with bread and milk? Milk toast?

I would stay inside though that polar bear looks ferocious!

Trouwbottom March 2, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

Rockstar you forgot one very essential piece of advice: When ever snow is eminent go straight to the local food market and buy every loaf of bread, gallon of milk, and carton of eggs you can . . . snow does not melt and who knows how long it will be before you can make french toast again!!!!

Thanks for the advice, I now need to clothe my 5 nekid kids!

Burkulater March 2, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Ha! That's funny. It was in the thirties here for a couple days and my kids wanted to wear their light jackets without mittens and hats.

~Jamie March 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

I have an award for you. Stop by my blog and pick it up. Yes, stalkers do give out awards!

Anonymous March 5, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

What is this snow you describe? Apparently it has driven you to the edge of madness. I mean really, wearing clothes outside. Stop the insanity.

The RockStar March 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

I know right? Live buck nekid for a couple years and your whole perspective changes. Not for the better, not for the worse ... just changes ... you know?

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP