y=mx+b

>> Monday, November 3, 2008

So the other day my eldest son called me out for basically being stupid. So I asked him a simple 9 year old question, "In the equation y=mx +b, what is the slope?" This was my childish way of retaliating.... make my son feel inferior to my massive rockstar intellect. When he gave me his blank stare I went in for the kill. "Hey #1 Son, how do we know where we are starting on the X axis?"

That is when it happened.... My son said to me "What is an a$$ kicks?" Apparently axis is a hard word to say. Like a proper father I then asked him to repeat the word ... which he did.

I then told him that an a$$ kicks is what he was about to get if he didn't stop picking on me.

Who said math is not fun? Go ahead ... I know you are thinking it .... Father of the Year

In fact, now that Michael has mentioned it, there is now a poll on the right hand side of my blog. Have at it!

10 Groupies:

Vanessa November 3, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

ROFL!! I"ll cast my vote for you:)

Michael F November 4, 2008 at 5:25 AM  

Dude you owe me a new keyboard! I spit out my coke all over my keyboard when I read this... Oh and a new Coke (CocaCola Zero to be exact).

"I then told him that an a$$ kicks is what he was about to get if he didn't stop picking on me."

Where do I vote for Father of the Year?

The RockStar November 4, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

Sorry Michael ... Coke is treasured in our family. It is horrible to hear that it is my fault that it has gone to waste!

Burkulater November 4, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Coming from a math major, this is the type of torture my kids are sure to endure.

Zombie November 4, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

Father of the year for sure.

The Wife November 4, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Okay, father of the year you still have a chance at.
...I think you just lost the husband of the year one with that "dumb" comment on Zombie's. I'm just say'n.

The RockStar November 4, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

Thanks Laura ... I didn't even know I was in trouble ... then you said I left a dumb comment and that really screwed with my head because most of my comments are thoughtless dribble

K-Dogg November 4, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

math was never that fun for me.

Bones November 4, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

I think that is hilarious! I was reading your blog post while I was stuck in craffic (crappy traffic) this morning and laughed so hard! My kids must think my blackberry has an electronic jack in the box inside or something.

The RockStar November 5, 2008 at 4:39 AM  

There is nothing like laughing at electronics to make the children think you have lost your mind!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP