Prosperity Gospel

>> Friday, October 31, 2008

What does a guy have to do to get a little health and a little wealth for goodness sakes. Don't get me wrong, I am not patronizing the really sick or the really poor among us. I don't believe that I am worse off than some child starving in Africa (that is why we adopt them) I am just saying ... in the most simplistic form ... why can I not just get stuff for being a good little boy? Why not ... it is in The Book if you overlook a bunch of other passages and take everything out of context...

I go to church every Sunday. I have adopted 3 almost 4 children. I brush my teeth at least once a week. I wear deodorant. I mean come on already ... does this not qualify me for some kind of good will? Is there not a poster in heaven about how fabulous I am already? I am a gorgeous rockstar for heavens sake!!

I mean come on Tink, can you not sprinkle just a little bit of faith and trust and prosperity dust on my family right about now? The mortgage rots, my lady has got a sore throat, the kids are about to all have cavities ... I am running in the hampster wheel of death every day ....






What exactly does a guy have to do to get a little bit of health and wealth !?!?!?



10 Groupies:

Caron October 31, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Check out the video at http:/www.justinpeters.org!

The RockStar November 1, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Great video. I watched the whole thing. Recommend it to anyone who has 30 minutes

Burkulater November 2, 2008 at 5:11 AM  

Ha! Love it. Maybe if you brush your teeth more....

Vanessa November 2, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

Man when you find out liet me know! If you catch Tink send her my way!

The RockStar November 3, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

I should brush my teeth more. Maybe that sin is the reason I am not wealthy

And by wealthy I mean monetary because we are wealthy in every other way

Come to think of it ... based on the rest of the world we are wealthy. Perhaps brushing once a week IS good enough!!

Zombie November 3, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

Maybe you should consider stealing.

The RockStar November 3, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

I prefer to call it "redistributing the wealth"

K-Dogg November 4, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

this kind of message is osteen's bread and butter.

K-Dogg November 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

i do hope to see a poster of you in heaven!

it will be next to my statue i think.

George Weis November 7, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Your still about 10 kids away from when that monetary manna kicks in my man, or so I hear :D

God bless you bro.

This reminds me of a moment I had with a young charismatic... they had the "Child of the King" thing going on in their head. I said "God has purpose in poverty and sickness... whatever fits the bill for His glory... and so forth" His response "I wouldn't want to serve a God like that..." YIKES!!!!

-g-

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP