One Word

>> Saturday, October 27, 2007

There are many different ways to let your inner rockstar shine. We all have passions, we all have things we are really good, or not so good at.

I started thinking "Rockstar" is a statement. It says sooo many things in one word. For example, in my case it sums up handsome, charming, witty, loveable, pretty hair, and narcissist all in one.

What is the one word that best sums up your passion in life? If there is one word that best describes what you live for and will ultimately most likely die loving, what would that word be? I will even let you use a hyphen (ex ping-pong) so that you can use two words and make them one .... so what is it?

Sports?

Photography?

Knitting?

Hot-Women?

Child-Rearing?

Proctologist?

Vidanjor? (Romanian)

I was presented with this exact one word question in church tonight... Besides being a gorgeous-maned Rockstar, you may be shocked to know that there are other things I value much more in this world than my sweet occupation.

There is one injustice above all others in this world that I can not stand. There is one passion, that when followed to the ends of the earth will eventually force me to give up everything that I want in life .. to make their life better. I feel like I hear God's still small voice now and again, but once in my life His voice commanded me to watch over the least of these, and it was so overwhelmingly clear and consuming that I was changed to my core in a moment. The funny thing is, as I thought of this word tonight in church, my smokin' hot babe wife scribbled her word on a piece of paper and slid it in front of me. Funny ... it was the same word.

Orphan

5 Groupies:

Anonymous October 28, 2007 at 8:56 AM  

Wow.

Thanks for the compliment.

You rock my world.

Anonymous October 28, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

I am not sure I could love you anymore than I do right this very minute, right this very second. I am teary eyed. I am blessed. I will go with you whever God leads and I will die following this passion with you.

Your blog ROCKS. You are extremely talented and I know it is going to ROCK other people.

Laura Lu October 29, 2007 at 6:33 AM  

Ok, I do think you both ROCK!

It is amazing when the Lord rocks us to the core with one small word...orphan, adoption, family.

Keep on rocking the world with your passion for orphans!!!!

Danisha October 31, 2007 at 4:53 PM  

Both you and your smokin hot wife are inspirational!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP